Monday, July 25, 2011

Tool #10

Digital Citizenship


Three things I would want to make sure my students understand about being good digital citizens is online safety and security, digital etiquette and digital rights and responsibilities. One of the resources mentioned on the Ed Tech website that I plan to use instructionally is the digital citizenship from Brain Pop. I would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to my students by watching the digital ettiquette video and then discussing what we saw. We can complete the activity and quiz available on Brain Pop. Plus, practicing digital ettiquette by instant messaging or email each other. Also, even showing some bad examples so students are clear. I would share the idea of digital citizenship with my student's parents by having the children explain to their parents what it is and having a homework activity they can do together.

No comments:

Post a Comment